Guide to Child’s First Parkway Vist
We know you want your children to have healthy mouths, this means you child should visit the dentist once every 6 months.
Below are some top tips for parents bringing their children in for the first time.
- Brush your child’s teeth, getting you child used to good oral hygiene will help when they finally see the dentist. Make sure you assist your child brush their teeth until they can hold a pen and write their name.
- The age we recommend to bring your child to the dentist is about two years old, so your child can get used to seeing the dentist.
- Remember to talk to your child about to expect at the dentist is child friendly language. Keep it simple the first appointment is just a check up, so the dentist will just look into your child’s mouth.
- Read a story about visiting the dentist to your child. We recommend Peppa Pig ‘Dentist Trip’ or Osbourne’s ‘Frist Experience- Dentist’.
- Finally, child can spot fear in their parents. Use positive language in front of your children about the dentist.